The RCA RDR42x0 PRODIGITM Portable Radio Series come in three different models, the standard non-display RDR4220 unit; the upgraded RDR4250 with large, 1.8 inch Full Color Display and navigation keys; the advanced RDR4280 unit with a large, 1.8 inch Full Color Display, full keypad. Compatible with other DMR Digital radios on the market and operational in both digital and analog modes, the RDR42x0 radios are designed to be used in a wide range of applications. Industrial users will benefit from its reliable and durable design, clear, dependable communication and advanced security features. The RDR42x0 series radios are a perfect communication tool for industries such as oil and gas, manufacturing, construction, facility management, security, hotels and resorts, casinos and more.
Intrinsically Safe Option Available The RDR4220, RDR4250 and RDR4280 portable radios are certified to the requirements of UL 913 5th Ed., TIA 4950-A, CSA C22.2 No. 157- 92 | Class I, II, III; Division 1, Groups C-G; Division 2, Groups A-G; Temp T3C for use in hazardous locations, specifically where flammable gas, vapors or combustible dust may be present.
- Radio – Conventional Analog and Digital DMR Portable Radio
- Antenna – Standard Whip Antenna w/GPS
- Battery – 2300mAh / 17.02Wh Lithium Ion Battery
- Belt Clip – Screw-In Heavy Duty Belt Clip
- ANH200V-S 136-174 Short Antenna 136-174 MHz
- ANH200U-S 400-430 Short Antenna 400-430 MHz
- ANH200U-S 440-470 Short Antenna 450-470 MHz
- ANH4200V-WG 148-162 Standard Whip Antenna 148-162 MHz w/GPS
- ANH4200U-WG 400-430 Standard Whip Antenna 400-430 MHz w/GPS
- ANH4200U-WG 440-470 Standard Whip Antenna 440-470 MHz w/GPS
- B4223LI 2300mAh / 17.02Wh Lithium Ion Battery
- B4223LIIS 2300mAh / 17.02Wh Lithium Ion Battery | IS Certified
- CH4201 PKG Single Unit Rapid Charger Kit
- CH4206 PKG Multi Unit 6-Bank Rapid Charger Kit
- BC4200 Screw-In Heavy Duty Belt Clip
- BC4300 Screw-In Heavy Duty Belt Clip
- SM380WP-X83 Heavy Duty Speaker Mic | 2.5mm Aux. Jack | IP68 Rating | Built-in Debris Screen | Raised, Textured PTT Button | Volume Control | IS Certified
- SM480WPNC-X83 Heavy Duty Speaker Mic | 3.5mm Aux. Jack | IP68 Rating | Noise Cancelling | Built-in Debris Screen | Volume Control | IS Certified
Earpieces and Surveillance Kits
- SK28NE-X83 Low Profile In-Ear Style 2-Wire Surveillance Kit with Palm Mic
High Noise Reduction Headsets
- HS75NR-X83 High Noise Reduction Headset | Over The Head | Dual Muff | NRR: 24db | IS Certified
- HS780NRNC-X83 High Noise Reduction Headset | Over The Head | Dual Muff | Noise Cancelling | NRR: 24db | IS Certified
Available to purchase from:
ADVANCED MULTI-MODE FUNCTIONALITY With different operating modes — Conventional Analog, Conventional Digital DMR Tier II, Digital DMR based PRODIGITM Plus, the portable will truly meet even the most demanding communication needs. The RCA RDR42x0 series digital portables radios are designed to connect your workforce efficiently and provide you with reliable communication allowing you focus on growing your business.
CROSS-BRAND COMPATIBILITY Utilizing the DMR Digital technology according to the ETSI TS 102 361-1,-2,-3 Standards the RDR42x0 series portables are compatible with all RCA two-way radios as well as all other major brands, including digital equipment, such as Motorola, Hytera and Vertex series digital two-way radios and repeaters.
INDUSTRIAL DURABILITY AND RELIABILITY Designed with durability in mind with lightweight and rugged aluminum alloy die-cast chassis, 3.5 mm thick high quality, polycarbonate thermoplastic housing with superior toughness, flame retardant, scratch and heat resistance and 7x battery locking points to the radio chassis.
WATERPROOF AND DUSTPROOF DESIGN The RDR42x0 series portables are designed and built with the most demanding conditions in mind. Your team needs radios that will not fail them, regardless of the working environment. The radios are designed to the Military 810C, D, E, F, G and the IP67 Waterproof and Dustproof standards.
FEATURE RICH AND VERSATILE The RDR42x0 series portables come in 3 different models, the standard non-display RDR4220 unit; the upgraded RDR4250 with large, 1.8 inch Full Color Display and navigation keys; the advanced RDR4280 unit with a large, 1.8 inch Full Color Display, full keypad. Businesses, Departments and Government Agencies can choose the best model for their needs, taking advantage of advanced features such as Caller ID, Group and Private Call, Radio Check, Radio Monitor, Radio Enable/Disable, Emergency, Man Down, Lone Worker Alerts, Text Messaging, Pre-saved Status Messaging, Encryption and more.
IMPROVED COMMUNICATION RANGE The RDR42x0 Radios utilize the DMR digital technology allowing for the transmissions to stay clear from background noise regardless of the distance between two radio units, providing virtually no deterioration of the voice quality, thus increasing the usable coverage area where analog communication will be very poor or not possible at all.
FULL SHIFT PERFORMANCE The RCA PRODIGITM RDR42x0 series portables provide up to 40% improved battery performance in digital mode over analog, allowing for longer operating time on a single battery charge. With a typical duty cycle of 5 (Rx) – 5 (Tx) – 90 (Stand By), the RDR4380 color display unit with 2300mAh Lithium Ion battery can provide up to 10 hours of operation in Analog mode and up to 14 hours of operation in Digital mode.
INTRINSICALLY SAFE OPTION Certified to the requirements of UL 913 5th Ed., TIA 4950-A, CSA C22.2 No. 157- 92 | Class I,II, III; Division 1; Groups C-G; Division 2; Groups A-G; Temp T3C (with B4223LIIS IS Approved Battery Only) for use in hazardous locations where flammable gas, vapors or combustible dust may be present. The RDR42x0 Series Intrinsically Safe Certified Radios can be used in a wide range of applications and industries such as Oil and Gas Extraction, Chemical and Paint Manufacturing, Refineries and more.
AVAILABLE ADVANCED OPTIONS When workers safety and communication security are of utmost importance, the RDR42x0 radios offer optional GPS Location tracking service* and advanced 40-bit ARC4 type encryption. Encrypting your radio communications and tracking your asset’s location results in improved worker safety, increased productivity and shortened incident response time.
INDUSTRY LEADING WARRANTY The RCA RDR42x0 series portables are backed standard by an industry leading, hassle-free Three (3) Year Warranty.
- DMR Tier 2 Conventional and PRODIGITM Plus Modes
- Analog Conventional
- Advanced Digital Encryption Options
- Emergency, Man Down and Lone Worker Options
- Group and Private Calling
- PTT ID
- Call Alert, Radio Check, Remote Radio Monitor, Radio Enable/Disable
- One Touch Access
- Scanning and Priority Scanning
- DTMF, 2-Tone, 5-Tone and MDC1200 Signalling Options
- X-Sound HD Enhanced Audio Clarity
- Large 1.8″ Full Color Display*
- Up to 8 Programmable Function Keys*
- 2300mAh Li-Ion Battery Standard
- IP67 Submersible Design
- Designed to meet MIL-STD 810C;D;E;F;G
- 3 Year Warranty
- Frequency Bands – VHF 136-174 MHz*; UHF 400-512 MHz
- Power Output – 4 Watts UHF / 5 Watts VHF
- Channels – 16 / 1000 (model dependent)
- LCD Display – 1.8 inches, 160x128pixel, Full Color
- Channel Spacing – 12.5 kHz/25 kHz
- Emission Designators – Analog: 11K0F3E, 16K0F3E | Digital: 7K60F1D, 7K60F1E
- Environmental Protection – IP67 Design
- Mil Specs – Designed to meet MIL-STD-810 C; D; E; F; G
- Intrinsically Safe Rating – UL 913 5th Ed., TIA 4950-A, CSA C22.2 No. 157- 92 | Class I, II, III; Division 1, Groups C-G; Division 2, Groups A-G; Temp T3C (*Requires B4223LIIS Battery)
- Operating Temperature – (-)4°F (-20°C) to (+)140°F (60°C)
- Storage Temperature – (-)4°F (-20°C) to (+)122°F (50°C)
- Operating Voltage – 8.4V (Max) 7.4V (Nominal)
- Dimensions – 5.1 x 2.2 x 1.4 inch (H*W*D) (without antenna)
- Weight – With LCD Display- 365gr. (12.8oz) / No LCD Display- 340gr. (11.9oz)
*Available Q1 2022
|Product Brochure||Spec Sheet|
|Approved Accessories for IS Certified Radios|