Submersible VHF Marine Handheld Radio
The RCA MR240 Marine Portable is a commercial grade, 5 Watt VHF marine radio designed with fully submersible IPX7 body. It floats and flashes when dropped in water. If you drop this floating radio overboard, it’s easier to find than ever, day or night.
- Radio – 5 Watt of Power, VHF Marine Portable
- Antenna – Standard 6″ Antenna
- Battery – 1500mAh / 5.55Wh 3.7V Lithium Ion Battery (10 Hours of Operating Time)
- Belt Clip – Screw-In Heavy Duty Belt Clip
- ANH240V-6 156-161 Short 3″ Antenna 156-161 MHz
- B2015LI 1500mAh / 5.55Wh 3.7V Lithium Ion Battery (10 Hours of Operating Time)
- PS2401 Single Unit Rapid Charger
- BC240 Screw-In Heavy Duty Belt Clip
Fully Submersible – Fully submersible construction equivalent to IPX7 for 1m depth for up to 30 minutes.
Floating and Flashing – At the bottom of each radio is a light that blinks while floating in the water. The LED light is noticeable in the dark (like a flashing fishing float) so the radio can easily be found while in the water. The light works even when the radio is turned OFF.
Vibrates to Remove Water from the Speaker – The RCA MR240 comes standard with a new technology that helps clears water from the speaker. This vibrating function emits a vibrating beep that helps remove water, which can muffle the sound coming from the speaker, from the speaker housing.
Small and Light – The MR240 has a very compact and lightweight design yet delivering full 5 watts of power.
Energy-Saving 3.7V Circuit – Powered by a slim 3.7V Lithium-Ion battery pack, B2415LI, that reduces the size, weight of the radio and produces full 5 Watts of Power alongside a powerful and clear 600mW audio. The battery provides 10 hours of operating time.
Easy to see large LCD – The large, easy to see LCD (32 × 16 mm) offers a clear 2-digit channel number indication.
Dual / Tri-Watch Function – Allows you to monitors Channel 16 and / or a call channel while you are receiving on another channel.
Volume loud and mute functions – The volume loud/mute functions temporarily change the volume to the maximum/minimum level with two touches of a button. Depending on the background noise level, you can easily change the volume level to capture the received message.
Industry Leading Warranty – Backed by a Three (3) Year Warranty.
- Weather Channel with Weather Alerts
- 4-step Battery Life Indicator
- One-Touch Access to Channel 16
- Auto Scan Function
- Tag Scan and Favourite Channel Functions
- Built-in Charger Circuitry
- Frequency Bands – TX – 156.025–157.425 MHz / RX – 156.050–163.275 MHz
- Power Output – 1 to 5 Watts (3 programmable levels)
- Channels – INT, USA, CAN, WX Channels
- FCC Emissions – 16K0G3E (FM) / 16KOG2B (DSC)
- Frequency Stability – +/- 10ppm
- Conformance – FCC, IC
- Environmental Protection – IPX7 Certified
- Mil Specs – MIL-STD-810 C, 810 D, 810 E, 810 F, 810 G
- Operating Temperature – (-)22°F (-30°C) to (+)140°F (60°C)
- Dimensions – 4.5” x 2.25” x 1.5” / 113 x 54 x 33.5mm
- Weight – 9.2 ounces (260g) with 1500 mAh battery