Durable and Compact Professional Two-Way Radio
This Intrinsically Safe portable radio is SGS certified to the requirements of ANSI/UL913 5th Edition for use in Class I, II, III, Division 1; Groups C, D, E, F, G; Temp T3C hazardous locations.
When you need the most reliable Intrinsically Safe radio, you can depend on the RCA BR850-IS. This handheld radio is not only durable, but filled with the features you need to perform at your highest level. The BR850-IS is designed with X-Sound Sonic PlusTM extra loud audio and an incredibly long lasting lithium battery that is able to handle even the longest shifts on the job. This model is also equipped with life-saving and security features such as Man Down emergency signaling and SecurEncryptTM transmission scrambling technology. When you require an Intrinsically Safe radio to use in hazardous or potentially explosive environments, the RCA BR850-IS professional radio is the undisputed industry standard.
- Radio 3.5/1 Watt of Power, 16 Channels
- Antenna Standard 6″ Antenna
- Battery 1700mAh / 12.58Wh Lithium Ion Battery (up to 12 Hours Usage at 5:5:90)
- Belt Clip Screw-In Heavy Duty Belt Clip
- ANH250V-3 145-174 Short 3″ Antenna 145-174 MHz
- ANH850V-6 146-174 Standard 6″ Antenna 146-174 MHz
- ANH850U-6 400-430 Standard 6″ Antenna 400-430 MHz
- ANH250U-3 450-470 Short 3″ Antenna 450-470 MHz
- ANH850U-6 440-470 Standard 6″ Antenna 440-470 MHz
- ANH850U-6 450-490 Standard 6″ Antenna 450-490 MHz
- B850LI-IS 1700mAh / 12.58Wh Lithium Ion Battery (up to 12 Hours Usage at 5:5:90)
- CH850R1 PKG Single Unit Rapid Charger Kit
- CH850R6 PKG Multi Unit 6-Bank Rapid Charger Kit
- BC850 Screw-In Heavy Duty Belt Clip
- HN850FC Nylon Holster with Fixed Belt Clip
- HN850FL Nylon Holster with Fixed Belt Loop
- HN850SC Nylon Holster with Swivel Clip
- HN850SL Nylon Holster with Swivel Belt Loop
- HL850FC Leather Holster with Fixed Belt Clip
- HL850FL Leather Holster with Fixed Belt Loop
- HL850SC Leather Holster with Swivel Clip
- HL850SL Leather Holster with Swivel Belt Loop
- SM850L-IS Medium Duty, Speaker Mic with 3.5mm Aux. Jack – IP56 Rated, IS Approved
Available to purchase from:
Intrinsically Safe – SGS certified to the requirements of ANSI/UL913 5th Edition for use in Class I, II, III, Division 1; Groups C, D, E, F, G; Temp T3C hazardous locations.
Depend on the RCA BR850-IS! – When you need the most reliable Intrinsically Safe radio, you can depend on the RCA BR850-IS. This handheld radio is not only durable, but filled with the features you need to perform at your highest level.
Great Audio Quality – X-SOUND™ audio clarity provided by a large diameter 500mW speaker. This means loud and clear audio so you can actually understand the person you are talking to, even in loud industrial environments.
All Day Battery Life – The BR850 has a 1700 mAh Lithium Ion battery included standard. This will last up to 12 hours with normal use so you don’t have to worry about your radio dying during an extra long shift.
Screw-In Belt Clip – The belt clip screws directly into the metal chassis so it doesn’t snap off like other competing models’ plastic clips. This saves you money and the hassle of always buying replacement clips.
Voice Operated Transmit (VOX) – Hands-free radio operation is available when using optional VOX accessories.
Channel Scanning – Continuously scans each channel for activity. When activity is detected, the scan automatically stops so you can hear the transmission and respond to it.
Voice Annunciation – Announces channel number when channel is changed.
Two-Prong Screw-In Accessory Connector – Enhances the performance of the radio and helps to hold your audio accessory securely to the radio’s chassis.
Industry Leading Warranty – BR850 radios are backed by a Two (2) Year Warranty.
- Repeater Operation Capable
- Battery Strength Indicator
- Auto Battery Save Mode
- Low Battery Alert
- Busy Channel Lockout (BCL)
- Time-out-timer (TOT)
- Frequency Bands – VHF 136-174 MHz; UHF 400-470 MHz; UHF 450-520 MHz.
- Power Output – 1 to 3.5 Watts (2 programmable levels).
- Channels – 16.
- Channel Spacing – 12.5 or 25 kHz.
- Frequency Stability – +/- 2.5ppm.
- Conformance – FCC, IC, FCC 2013 Narrowband Compliant.
- Environmental Protection – IP56 Certified, Intrinsically Safe Approved.
- Mil Specs – MIL-STD-810 C, 810 D, 810 E, 810 F, 810 G.
- Operating Temperature – (-)4°F (-20°C) to (+)122°F (50°C).
- Dimensions – 4.98” (H) x 2.2” (W) x 1.5” (D) (without antenna).
- Weight – 15 ounces (426g) with 1700 mAh battery.